Ruby Tuesday - Part II

Reached the railway station, I rode as if i was on a horseback chased by pride! Usually, it (pride) comes before a fall and i rode like i was about to fall, 9.50 am and i am at the railway station once again, All the dust and remains were visible on my jacket., Scieniest could have picked up samples from my jacket to know which side of Bangalore is most polluted as it had dust particles from different parts and roads of Bangalore. Now, the only thing that was bothering was me not knowing kannada and those guys not knowing english or hindi. The challenge was to get my friend Sajith as and when needed, now our man, is not all that good in kannada as well, he and i joined the same office on the same date and has been in Bangalore for almost the same number of years that i was, but the difference was, he never went out of bangalore and i'd been pushed by my company to different places at different times. Now, to let this person(the wallet finder) know that i have reached the railway station..... I called him...., and some voices expelled from my phone.. Seemed like greek and latin to me, but i'd heard them before in local buses and markets..... I did not have much clue to what he was talking about and hence asked sachu to interpret it for me.., he did and he said, worry not, those guys would come in search of you and they did... The person who came had accompanied him with a hindi speaking person.. :-) Now that was a spread of cheese on the bread, I could communicate with much ease. He(the stall guy) told me that the person who found your mom's wallet isn't us, That guy(A Coolie) is on work and he said, he would be coming to our Railway Stall shortly.

Those guys asked me to park the bike and wait for him. Ruby Tuesday was supposed to be much brighter and amusing....., and this is how it got bright., I went to the parking lot, very soon a traffic police followed me and he was expecting to get some perks from me as it was an outside state vehicle. The bike that i was riding was holding a KL registeration and not many people do come here and pay the road taxes and stuff, Baiju, I thank you for this... :-) The traffic (tereffic) cop seen the bike papers and said, i was good to go, but guess what, I had locked the bike and left the keys on the bike itself.

Without taking a notice of this, I went to the railway stall, where this guy was waiting for me. He(The stall guys) asked me whereabouts to know if it was really me who was calling him up and he was quite satisfied by seeing all calls that i made to mom's cell and also the SMS that i sent to mom's cell saying that i am this cell owner's son... He asked me what was the amount present in the cash and mom had told me the amount and that confirmed that i was the right owner :-). I also tried enquiring about why did he switch the mobile off when i called in the morning and decided to meet at Platform No. 2. for which the stall guy replied, this person does not know to operate a mobile and he pressed some button on the cell, which made it go off.He soon exchanged the wallet and asked me to check for all the belongings and i checked them, it was all intact. I offered the guy Rs.200 and the stall guy a Rs.100. Initially the person who found mom's purse refused to take money from me, I insisted and forced him and he did accept, but the stall person refused., he says, that was fine and maybe some other day, somoeone for sure would help him. I was shocked for a moment.. You cannot really expect people like them to speak Tongue like this, however, I had just judged the cover by the book, and i was absolutely wrong. I told a very very big "Thank you" to both of them and left to reach the place where i had parked my vehicle and the keys.., god.., it was still stuck on the bike itself. It was just about 10 mins and the bike with the keys totally left unattended. Dumbstruck, I knew there's something wrong in/with me. I looked up in despair, is it really me who is doing all this ? By this time, I'd made sure to inform mom through the co-passenger's no, my sister, my friend and grandma that i got the wallet and cell back. Granny(Anu.. its not you) always stuck to what she does best., I knew DEVI would find it out for me as i'd put a coin blessed by DEVI unknowingly into mom's purse. Great..., so that does work, atleast to keep granny's belief intact.. :-)

I got back home and now, i needed a shower, to somewhat start fresh to office., by the time, i reached home, i found my bed totally empty and inviting, I thought of lying down for a while before i go for shower., I was tired to the core., i did keep my project lead informed about all that was happening and what was keeping me away from coming to office at 8.30 am in the morning.

However, it was time for much much brighter side of the RUBY TUESDAY, atleast now, there wont be much errors and the rest of the day atleast wont have any surprises. Soon after the shower, when i checked the time, it was already 12.20 pm., a good time to have lunch and go to sleep, but had to make it to the office. So, once again, I started off and once again...., on the KL registered bike. It had just been a couple of metres that i started the bike and just 3-4 feet away from the place that i was riding, did a dry coconut fall down., It just took me by surprise when people were all staring at me., some thought that it was me who fell down from the bike and then found that i had been riding okay.

For a moment i thought....., has it got some hidden message for me ? Is it omen saying, Dhinu, you're time is up ? I moved out from there and few people came rushing for the coconut (god knows... what would they do with a dried coconut). However, after a full meal lunch, manged to reach office, a great achievement i thought.... after the way the morning turned out to be. I was trying to keep my eyes as open as i could.., luckily not many eyes caught me dosing, although my collegues did. "We know how the day has been so far for you..." said one., I grinned... I did not know how did i spend 2 1/2 hours, when i checked the clock, It was finally time for Tea, and i went upto the cafe guy and told him., "Swalpa Strong Tea aaki" (please make it strong)... He did.., By the end of tea, i was a little refreshed...... Not last but the least, I managed to complete 1 of the 8 assignment that was left over for me!!!

Would I really like to remember this day ? or should i forget it ? I think i will rather remember it for someone not going away with my bike keys stuck onto the bike for almost 10 minutes, totally unattended and for finding couple of sincere people who did return my mom's wallet and cell. :-)

Last of them all, I kept going on and on with the blog, till the timestamp on the right hand bottom of my computer screen reads.... 11.43 pm..., Good night people.., thank you for hearing me out till here.., But truely, this was a RUBY TUESDAY!

Lost of Luv, Dhinu!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow... So much thas happened in half a day. The only difference between me and you is that you have been careless (like me) but lucky enough to find your valuables back. :-) I, on the other hand, have been the most unlucky + careless person on earth and have lost over 16K bucks in a gap of 2-3 days... :-(

Anuradha Dey said...

simplistic...humourous...narration....!

Anonymous said...

hey there...how u doing...
guess wat, i was bored to the core and reading through ur blog on "ruby tuesday" is kinda refreshing to me...too good for a narration man...keep it up :)

Well...wat do i say after reading this...ur luck just did the right job again :)