Ruby Tuesday... Part I

Seems too good for a title.. isn't it ?, Ruby is my lappy, the place where am drafting this blog. she is ruby red in color and hence decided to call her RUBY! I only think about Kingfisher Airhostess when i think about RUBY and the color RED! Incase if you were west, You can always relate "Ruby Tuesday" to a restaurant, but am not gonna discuss the cusines and the restaurant here, but relate it to a day (today) when almost everything went wrong.

Hows the idea of waking up at 4.15 am on cold December morning, and that too at a place like Bangalore, which is much cooler than other parts of south india...(For few at my chennai office mates, i did wake up at 4.15 and i am now a days at office by 8.30 am) I'd no option than to wake up as i had to drop my mom @ the railway station to board a train @ 6.15 am.
The day as always wanted mom to put a little bit of extra effort to wake me up and early morning exercise of carrying some luggage from the 3rd floor to the ground. After some of mouth exercise (naah naughty..,. dont think much), i could get the cab guy to pick us by 5.20 am!!. Early morning or late evening, doesn't bother mom much to give all those gyaan about saving some money, be a good child, wipe your head after shower, sleep and wake up early, pray regularly and so on and so forth (guess, mom said it for the nth time, but she still had the curiousness of a first time advisor), Finally, 5.50 am and we reached the railway station and picked her wallet to reach for her train ticket. She usually puts all of her valuables in her wallet and she sticks it as an iron to a magnet, but the culprit was me this time!.

I opened her wallet, picked the ticket to check the coach number and left the wallet unattended, somehow it slipped down and both of us did not notice. Once we reached the coach did we realise that, the tickets are with us, but not the wallet. I asked mom, "Are you playing some games with me so early in the morning ? ", She said, "Naah..., I really dont have the wallet". I immediately rushed to the place where we sat to pull the ticket out, but in vain, Can there be a good heavy looking wallet left unattended. It was all in vain, I told mom... "I THINK I LOST IT"., mom was stunned for a moment, it was the first time she was losing valuables and it was because of her only son. I did not give up, I tried calling my mom's cell and they were unanswered. Finally, sent an SMS saying, this is my mom's cell and please return the wallet and cell (with absolutely no hopes). The person who picked the phone, did not know English or Hindi, with few kannada and tamil words that i knew, i managed to tell him the place where i was standing (I dont know how do you say Platform No. 2 in Kannada and Tamil, but for sure, i said that in English and he did understand). I told mom, i think we'll get it back, If not, on the way, i've to report this to the cops before i leave for home. I waited till the train left and 5 more mins after that, but did not see anyone coming around to the said place. When i tried calling mom's cell again, i heard that the cell was switched off.... , "Bas****, not only did he run away with the cell and wallet, but also did he waste some time and energy making me wait.... ".

The train left me alone without mom and it left me in much more deeper shit of running around the cops to file a FIR at as early as 6.20 am. Gosh, i didn't have a clue as to these guys would really be in their senses from yesterday's hangover... However, i'd no much choice than to go for it.

I had taken mom's co-passenger's no and told the person that i may call him to get mom, incase i need something urgently..., Back to the entrance of the station and in hunt for the RPF's (Railway Police Force) office., One of the cops told me that its on Platform No. 6 and I reached for it within no time. I found a lady sweeping and 2 policemen on duty. I was praying within myself, God, I really wish you speak to them in kannada, I just know few words in kannada and wonder how could i form sentences and even if i did form them, would it mean something that i did not mean to say ? however, he seen me searching for words (hmm... those were not found fallen on the ground) and came up and asked me.. "Kya hua.. Kya baat hai..." I seighed relief, Huh, i can speak in hindi here and explained the entire situation to him. He made me accept that it wasn't stolen, but it was missed and I accepted it. He asked me to write a complaint in the missing register., It got me thinking (Can moron's think too ?? ), Coz, the column that was filled just above me, had a person's name and address and the book read, "Missing Register..." Would these cops maintain same register for Missing person and a missing wallet + cell ? I had absolutely no hopes that cops would find it out for me and my mom would be once again lucky to be getting a brand new cell.

However, All what had to be done formally had been done. All i can do is now, go home and bang my head for being so silly to lose mom's never lost wallet and her last birthday gift, which was a cell. I made sure i called up the mobile provider to block the outgoing calls atleast. Just 6.30 am in the morning and already lost more than 5K. Not a bad start for the morning..... I never knew what was up in the later part of the morning and early noon., except for the weather being a little gloomy and cloudy. All in all a great day to laze around.

I reached home, sat down with the newspaper and just about to start to office when my friend calls me up saying., "hey.., have you lost your cell...?? Huh... Had i lost my cell, how the hell would you be speaking to me ? Nevertheless, i lost my mom's cell and wallet...." I replied. "A guy called me from the railway station saying, he has found your mom's wallet and cell...." and he wants you to collect it... I was excited and immediately started off to the railway station once again...., Soon after that i also receive a call from my sister saying, someone had called her up and said, mom's cell and purse is with him, but the only thing is, the guy only speaks Kannada... I asked her, " how did you know it was kannada.... It could have been Telugu too... As it is, you dont know both of these languages... do you ?" She was like.... " Poda.... ninte orru valicha tamasha.....(you and your silly jokes)"

No comments: