The art of saying a "NO"

How often do we come across times in our life, when we expect a YES and it turns out to be a NO. A NO is so so disappointing. Some are even life taking ones. There's a little difference between us and the western. We although try to be western in everyday life, can't really get over this simple factor. We Indians can never say a NO or atleast have a royal way of saying a NO. There is a pick from Ronan Keating's song... " You say it best..., when you say nothing at all.." How more royally can you ask someone to "S H U T U P".

A nod of the head in left to right and right to left means a NO for us, and thats what we hate to hear. We as humans long to see your head travelling from top to bot and bot to top. Right from indian players appealing to the umpires to proposing a gal. Off late, i had received a case, which was definitely out of my area, but not living with the art of saying a NO, i went out to other areas to seek information and replied the person with a satisfactory answer. Similiar was not the response when i requested some information from my onsite counter parts. It was a BLUNT NO from their end.

Luckily, my manager was a person who has spend a decade at onsite and explained me the condition and asked me not to feed bad about it. It seems its not a real issue. For them, there is a line drawn and said, this is my limit and the other part doesn't belong to me. Now, I'm into much more dilemma, thats because i have to often mix my work and personal life together. Thats happening accidentally. I am allowed to work from home and by default some things at home needs my attention even when i am working.


Well Well, There are even unique ways of saying a NO., remember the pepsi ad off late ? " I CAN"T HEAR YOU!!..." Or probably another way of saying a NO is what our Netas do at the Assembly.. A SHORT NAP!! Which one do you prefer ???

As i in the office (Where, I can yawn without any bothering....), I'm almost saying a NOOOOOO now!!

Luv,
Dhinu!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is really tough (for me at least) to say a NO to anyone right on their faces. I am so bad at confrontation that I end up saying YES to people even though I wanted to a NO.... :-(

Dhinu! said...

Sandy,

Do you think i shud hv proposed to u ? I would have not received a NO atleast... ;)

Unknown said...

@Dhinu
Yeah, right!