Horror : Re-Iterated

What happens when horror hits again ? Hmm... You would be able to cope up with it., because you have been through it before. Are you guys eyeing towards elections ? Nope. Its about a tamil movie whose hindi version hit the theatres between the busy schedule of IPL (International Premiere League or rather called as Items Premiere league). I'm talking about Dasavatharam / Dasavathar (Hindi) . All you tamilians who are reading this.. Just chill. Keep your ego to yourself till you complete reading this.

Luckily, I was in Chennai to witness all the drama when this movie was released. I was almost hit by the local tamilians when i opposed the movie. These guys were in my office and amazingly, my fellow collegues, did not even to try to save me. Well, Whats all about the movie ? Absolute commercial non-sense flick. Atleast there was no different view between few of my friends who seen this movie and intelligent ones gave this a skip. I had fallen for the hype and few of the reviews that my tamilian friend had to give me.

According to them, this was the master piece! Gosh, if only this is the master piece, Dr. Kamal Hassan has to be re-thinking about World Peace.. Well, what exactly was he trying to prove by portraying 10 different roles ? That too about the roles which hold no importance. He was acted as a 7 feet muslim guy, that was unnecessary, the old lady was unnecessary., for a scene or so, he has acted as Mr. George Bush. Absolute nonsense. This was not really necessary.

On a serious thought, I think the script wasn't written first. Firstly, he decided on the roles that he going to play which would complete "10"avtaars and then found a script which would suit into it. Now, to go with all the 10 roles and grab attention, he also included Tsunami, There was nothing more harder that hit chennai. Few of the movie supporters also said, Tsunami was a blessing in disguise... In that case... Do we really want to have another Tsunami ??

Well, the movie is to watched by hindi cinema audience to be commented on, I too shall watch it as it would be a language that i know, and possibly try to understand all the hidden facts (If at all there is any). Now, step away from the movie and lets walk upto the audience. As i said, I was in chennai, witnessing all the drama. As a part of my lonliness, I opted for the last show at Citi Centre, Chennai. The show began at 10pm and was to go on till 1 am. Amazing, I can push for some speed on my bike then... i thought.!

The first 15 mins, Intresting... Thats only if there was less fight., but being for the state that i am in, Fights and stunts were always in and around them. NO OFFENCE.!!! The movie went on smooth for another 1/2 hour or so, a true commercial flick with Mallika Sherawat around and few scene shot in US, If not for the movie, you could be happy with watching the scenes abroad.

Within no time, i found myself sitting with my hands on my head, Courtesy the movie and the guy who was seated behind me. He was typical tamlian, who was giving a running commentary and also giving some tips to Kamal Hassan on where to hit the guys. The innocence in that beeeeeeeep brought out swearing words from some guy!! Depressing non-sense are these movie halls when it comes to Tamil cinemas. That guy was for sure to be beaten up or atleast removed from the movie hall if this was in some other city.

I could no leave the movie hall in between as the city would be totally empty by that time, had to still wait with my head in my hands till 1 am. Torture at its best. Another friend, slept off during the movie, it seems that the best that he could do. Atleast to sleep in the movie hall for 3 long hours.

If at all, anyone who has seen the movie and understood what kamal was trying to say, please please do explain the concept!!

Awaiting your reviews.....

No comments: