Republic day or a Long weekend ??

Even before 10 days of the republic day, i am receiving mails relating to 26th January. Is that from a friend or a Desh Bhakt ? NO.., its from www.redbus.in. This site has sent me autoreminders asking me to book tickets early as its a long weekend.

They were too good, I wonder how did they get hold of 3 of my email addresses (1 being official), but made sure the 'Dinesh' does not run out of ticket :-), Thank you redbus team.

Now, 26th of January last year fell on a saturday, I could hear many along with myself cribbing.., huh, we missed one off day as it fell on the weekend.. :'(. So whats it with Republic & Independence days these days ? Although, we'd seen many venting out frustration on the 26/11 attacks and did a real lot (through SMS,Blogs,Mails) to bring our netas down, I can shamefully say that, we are celebrating a long weekend and not Republic day really.

No Travel Agency/Website throws an offer 'A walk with freedom fighters' or 'Tribute to our brave soldiers', But there is a 3day 2night holiday stay at an extra cost, for which amazingly there are even more grabbers.

Many thanks to all our TV Channels, To bank upon all these non-holiday goers, they do cast out few Desh-Bhakt movies with 1.5 times more Ads to increase their TRP.

All in all, Make Paisa out of anything and everything thats possible., leaving aside the emotional side of desh prem and desh bhakti, had i been into any of the business relating to anything above, I too would have been the same. 'THANK YOU' god, Atleast for now, I am out of this. But, atleast for this time of the year., I would atleast make sure that i make my presence felt on the republic day.!

Luv,
A Proud Indian!

No comments: